Thriston Lawrence will be able to prepare for the season-ending tournaments still ranked inside the world’s top 100 as he climbed one place to 95th after his share of 36th in the DP World Tour’s Commercialbank Qatar Masters.
Lawrence will go into the Nedbank Golf Challenge next week as South Africa’s top-ranked player on the Official World Golf Ranking list, and the only South African inside the world’s top 100. The next-best South African is Christiaan Bezuidenhout, also up one place this week to 107th.
Below those two players, Zander Lombard and Erik van Rooyen also climbed, three places to 170th and four to 189th respectively.
Other South Africans inside the top 20 from this country who had climbs on the world list were Louis de Jager (up two), Oliver Bekker (up one), Jaco Ahlers (up one), Jbe’ Kruger (up one), and Jacques Kruyswijk (up six).
South Africa’s top 20:
- Thriston Lawrence 95 (up 1)
- Christiaan Bezuidenhout 107 (up 1)
- Dean Burmester 139 (down 4)
- Garrick Higgo 169 (down 1)
- Zander Lombard 170 (up 3)
- Erik van Rooyen 189 (up 4)
- Hennie du Plessis 210 (down 3)
- MJ Daffue 218 (down 2)
- Ockie Strydom 236 (unchanged)
- Louis de Jager 259 (up 2)
- Oliver Bekker 264 (up 1)
- Jaco Ahlers 271 (up 1)
- Casey Jarvis 307 (down 4)
- George Coetzee 333 (down 7)
- Deon Germishuys 334 (down 15)
- Dylan Frittelli 371 (down 3)
- JC Ritchie 380 (down 4)
- Jbe’ Kruger 391 (up 1)
- Jacques Kruyswijk 386 (up 6)
- Wilco Nienaber 396 (unchanged)